Dear Valued Clients,
It is now well over a year since the outbreak of Covid-19, and coming up to a year since our initial Covid-19 protocol post.
With governing bodies continuing to give the go ahead for construction sites to remain open as essential business, we are doing the same and as busy as we ever have been.
It is therefore timely that we publicise any recent updates to our health & safety policies, and outline how we’re ensuring the safety of our clients, our staff, and the communities we work within.
GeoScan & Xradar are part of GeoRadar Group, and as a wider business we are constantly reviewing our Health & Safety policies, ensuring that safety is always at the front of our minds. Our Joint Health & Safety Committee from across the country meet regularly to ensure guidelines are being adhered to. Here are the headlines within our most recent updates:
- An increased ladder safety standard operating
- An increase in PPE standards including level 3 gloves
- Thoroughly educating best practice for propping of manhole covers
- Optimised new hire and new and young worker orientation
- Optimising of company safety operation rules to be more clear and concise
- Vehicle policy changes with GPS tracking
- Introduction of foam-backed safety glasses
- Introduction of digital forms throughout the business:
- Lift inspections
- Tag outs
- Incident injury
- Vehicle inspections
- Site audits
We want to thank you all for your continued support and effort to ensure the health and safety of not only your own staff, but ours too. We are extremely fortunate to be able to continue working during this pandemic, and want to continue to ensure our service remains as high as possible.
In addition to these above changes, below is a summarized list of what we are doing to help in reducing the spread of Covid19:
- Workers complete a daily check-in report that is to be sent to us prior to going to site. This report includes using a personal thermometer provided by the company and answering a short questionnaire about who they have been in contact with, and if they have any concerns.
- Staff are told to stay home if they are displaying or communicating any symptoms and will remain in quarantine for 14 days. They must be 48 hours symptom-free before returning to work.
- Where applicable and possible we ensure only one person occupies a company vehicle, which is wiped down after use. The same goes for all equipment used.
- If there is a shortage of work vehicles staff will be instructed to drive directly to site in their personal vehicles
- Staff can now take equipment home with them to reduce human traffic at our office. This supersedes our previous policy of always returning equipment to the shop.
- Office staff are limited to the numbers indicated by the most recent provincial guidelines (as of 31 March 2021 BC and ON are both 4 people per office area)
- Wash hands frequently with facilities provided on site. As well as using hand sanitizer that is provided as a new PPE requirement.
- Stressing the importance of responsibility of reporting unsafe acts including those related to Covid-19
Thank you for taking the time to read our update and we look forward to providing our services big or small to our clients in this unusual time.
GeoScan & Xradar
Part of GeoRadar Group