Dear Valued Clients,
With governing bodies now giving the go-ahead for construction sites to remain open as an essential business, we at GeoScan wanted to give you an update as to how we are staying on top of new regulations and ensuring the Health and Safety of our staff, clients and the community.
First, thank you all for your continued effort to ensure the health and safety of not only your own staff, but ours too and in that, the wider community. We are fortunate to be able to continue working in this unprecedented time and want to ensure, together, that we can continue to offer our services to our clients.
Earlier this week, GeoScan held a joint Health and Safety committee meeting with representatives from across the country, to ensure we have heard from every facet of our business. Issues that were brought up include, people working to closely together, traveling together, and ensuring that staff have proper PPE to wear while working.
Below is a summarized list of what we are doing to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Workers will complete a twice-weekly check-in report that is to be sent to us prior to going to site. This report includes using a personal thermometer provided by GeoScan and answering a short questionnaire about who they have been in contact with and if they have any concerns.
- Staff will be told to stay home if they are displaying or communicating any symptoms and will remain in quarantine for 14 days.
- Ensuring only one person occupies a company vehicle and that it is wiped down after use. The same goes for all equipment used.
- If there is a shortage of work vehicles staff will be instructed to drive to site instead of the office.
- Staff can now take equipment home with them to reduce human traffic at our office. This supersedes our previous policy of always returning equipment to the shop.
- All office staff continue to work from home.
- Wash hands frequently with facilities provided on site. As well as using hand sanitizer that they have been able to expense as a new PPE requirement.
- Stressing the importance of responsibility of reporting unsafe acts including those related to
Covid-19 (Proper handwashing areas, joking about having COVID-19)
Thank you for taking the time to read our update and we look forward to providing our services big or small to our clients in this unusual time. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
GeoScan Subsurface Surveys